With less than a month to go before the biggest Poker circus arrives in town, (read Las Vegas for town) we thought we’d quickly go over 10 facts about the 2013 World Series Of Poker with you:
1. The World Series of Poker it’s starting soon right? – Yes come May 29th the first event will take place, and they’ll be working around the clock at the Rio till July 15th.
2. And how many of those bracelets are being handed out this year? – 62 of them are up for grabs, feeling lucky?
3. I guess they’ll need a lot of table’s for that right? – Oh yeah they’ve got 480 of them all lined up and that’s the most they’ve ever used.
4. How much prize money will be awarded? – Well we can’t know that just yet, but last year over $222 Million was awarded at the 2012 WSOP
5. Sheesh that’s a ton of cash! Just how many played last year then? Around 75,000 in total with the Main Event drawing around 6,500 entrants.
6. And how much will the winner get for this year’s main event? Okay again that’s tricky one but if last year is anything to go by a lot, you see Greg Merson took home $8,5 Million, so we can expect a number around that.
7. Okay can you tell us just how many players get paid for an event? Sure it’s around 10% of the field size.
8. How old do I need to be to play in the senior’s event? – 50 years young
9. And I heard men can play in the ladies event is that true? – For sure, but it’s going to cost the full entry fee of $10,000, you see ladies get a discount making their buy in $1000
10. I guess it gets busy in Vegas around this right? – For sure but trust me it’s always busy in Vegas with estimates being around 37 Million people visiting the place every year.
Okay Okay I Want In!
Cool. Well lucky for you there’s still time. On PartyPoker we’ve got a ton of routes so you can make that once in a life time trip, so make sure you check out the full qualification routes to the WSOP and Las Vegas today! Let us know how you get on by Liking us on Facebook and Following us on Twitter.