His superhero name would be “Luckbox Man!” he likes his Martini’s stirred (controversial) and admits he’s not a great cook. So what would you ask Scott? Here’s another edition of 20 Questions this time around featuring New Yorker Scott Baumstein a respected poker player, commentator, and now partypoker pro player. Amassing a total of $1,187,322 in live tournament earnings, with his best live tournament cash to date being just over $209K, which he pocketed in November of 2012 after taking 2nd place in the Championship Event of The Borgata Fall Poker Open.
We caught up with Mr. Baumstein and asked him some unexpected questions. We were not only surprised by his answers, but thoroughly entertained, as well. We’re sure you will be too.
1) If you could turn a black chip ($100) into a pumpkin chip ($1000) simply by licking it, would you do it?
That’s pretty gross but I might have to for $900. I wouldn’t be getting into the crevices, though. They wash those, right?
2) Pizza Delivery or Chinese Take-Out?
Both are good as long as I’m not cooking.
3) If you could “uninvent” one thing in the world so that it would no longer exist, what would you choose?
Sealed plastic packaging….and HUDs (Heads up Display) and other technology that both takes away from the purity of the game and alienates the casual player
4)Tupac or Biggie?
How can I choose?
5)If you were a superhero, what would your name be? What would your costume look like?
Luckbox Man. I would wear a hooded sweatshirt and a cape because capes are cool. And I would always get wherever I was going, And I’d get there quickly (no waiting).
6)If you had to spend one weekend alone in a single store but could remove nothing, which store would you pick?
Sleepy’s…or maybe I would geek out and choose the book store.
7) Shaken or Stirred?
Stirred! A martini is always stirred no matter what Bond will have you believe.
8) If you could call any living person to ask for poker advice, who would it be?
Probably one of the Heads Up Sit N Go wizards whom I’ve talked strategy with over the years like Bryan Pellegrino, Keith Block, Olivier Busquet, or Max Steinberg.
9) Lois Griffin or Marge Simpson?
Definitely Lois Griffin.
10) If you were given a yacht right now, what would you name it?
11) If you could spend one full year looking for anything in the world, what would you search for?
12) Macarena or Chicken Dance?
There’s something about a good chicken dance that always gets me going.
13) Leper colony or den of lions?
Throw me to the lions!
14) Would you rather be stranded in a sweltering desert or frozen tundra?
Frozen tundra because a mirage sounds like the ultimate slow roll.
15) If you could go back in time just long enough to tell one person from history off, who would it be, and what would you say?
$@%# you, Darwin! Evolve this!
16) What’s your worst personal habit?
My sleep schedule.
17) What’s your worst poker habit?
18) If I challenged you to a duel, what would be your weapon of choice?
19) Rock, paper, or scissors?
I’m really bad at this game, I’ll just pay for dinner now.
20) Other than @KimShannon, who’s your favorite person to follow on Twitter?
Bonus – What’s the one thing you’d like the world to know about Scott Baumstein?
I always have it.
We’re sure you do, Scott… We’re sure you do.